Trending #VictimsMatter as internet erupts over light sentence for teen who mowed down mother and baby


DISCLAIMER: This article contains graphic images and content that some readers may find distressing. Discretion is advised.

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: District Attorney George Gascon has denied involvement by the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department in the light conviction of the teenager who rammed a car into a mother and her eight-month-old child on August 6 2021. It came just after Sheriff Alex Villanueva publicly called out Gascon in a Facebook statement and said, “We were never consulted as we were not the investigative agency. Sheriff’s investigators would never agree to the light sentence in this hit-and-run case. Stop empowering and encouraging criminal behavior. Hold them accountable #VictimsMatter.

#VictimsMatter starts trending after the call

This led to a massive outburst on Twitter against Gascon. One reacted by saying: “The liberal crackpots charged with prosecuting the thugs among us have more compassion for them than for the victims. You don’t curb criminal behavior with leniency, you encourage it. # TheVictimsMatter.” “Stop empowering and encouraging criminal behavior. Hold them accountable #VictimsMatter,” another user wrote.

RELATED ARTICLES

Woke George Gascon does it again! A driver who hit his mother and baby was only sentenced to 5 MONTHS in prison

Woke LA DA George Gascon slammed for not charging Dave Chappelle’s attacker Isaiah Lee with a crime

Speaking of taking the first step, one user wrote: “Enforcing current laws would be a good start…stop empowering and encouraging criminal behavior by not holding them accountable…#victimsmatter #dueprocess.







The case and the charges

A initial declaration by Gascon provided to Fox News Digital said the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department ‘agreed with the felony charges’ over the light sentence given to the 17-year-old after he was found guilty of driving a car against a mother and her eight-month-old son.

During the incident, the Californian teenager was accelerating in the wrong direction and crashed into a mother and her eight-month-old son, who survived the crash. The 17-year-old pleaded guilty to two counts of assault with force likely to cause grievous bodily harm and one count of hit and run. He was sentenced to five to seven months in a juvenile probation camp that prosecutors described as “less than military school and a little tougher than summer camp.”

After sentencing, Gascon faced harsh criticism last year as he said the sentence was a fitting resolution. Fox News reported that the mother, who was only identified as Rachel, sent a serious victim statement to the Los Angeles Chief Prosecutor after the teenage driver was ordered to participate in a diversionary event during an incident August 2021. She wrote, “I thought it was the last moments of our lives; we were dead. That feeling, along with the memory of a car speeding right at us, will haunt me forever.”

“DA Gascon tells him and all the other thugs in LA County that it doesn’t matter if you’re trying to murder people. Why do Gascon policies prioritize means of sustenance of rotten monsters, while My Baby ‘My child, unable to fight back, left to fend for himself, and basically being told that his life doesn’t matter?’ add the statement. “My heart breaks when I think of all the other victims, who are less fortunate than me, whose murderers receive lighter sentences and get out of prison before the end of their sentence.”

Currently, George Gascon is facing a second removal effort, which has the support of assistant prosecutors in his own office. The petition surpassed 500,000 signatures earlier this week, and organizers say they only need 67,000 more by July 6 to secure a ballot.

Previous Biometric passports are in high demand and technology providers are getting stronger
Next Bypass online restrictions, download files and more for just $40