We’ve had a great year in 2022 so far winning a range of new clients and are now looking for an intermediate to senior web UX/UI designer to join our design team.
Who are we:
We are emd:digital, an established digital design and development agency specializing in web design and development with a range of clients in FMCG, real estate and construction, non-profit organizations Nonprofit, Hospitality, Finance & Consulting, Allied Health, Startups, Technology & Agriculture. We love working with our clients to create immersive and engaging websites, from ideation and conceptualization through design and development to launch. As a close-knit team of 4, we’ve established a friendly, inviting, collaborative, and creative work environment in a newly renovated agency featuring a fully stocked beer fridge, putting green, lounge area, and private balcony. Located minutes from Sandringham train station and with plenty of on-street parking, there are plenty of options for journeys to and from the agency.
Who are you:
You are an experienced UI/UX web designer with at least 3-4 years of digital agency experience looking for your next career opportunity. The role is for the right candidate wishing to take on a leadership role overseeing the creative and technical output of the existing design team of 2 junior designers.
You are a designer at heart with strong technical prowess from the highly regarded digital ecosystem. A “can-do” problem-solving attitude is essential. You will also have the ability to liaise and communicate clearly and professionally with clients on the status of projects and be able to complete projects in a timely and efficient manner while maintaining a high standard of business principles. design and development. You will use your previous experience to deliver high quality creative work to lead and guide team members through best practices in UX/UI web design.
Required Skills :
- 3-4+ years of UI/UX web design experience
- Very good knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, After Effects
- Experience with Figma, Adobe XD or Sketch
- Front-end development experience in Webflow inc HTML, CSS and JS highly appreciated but not essential
- Exceptional design skills that push the boundaries of web design best practices
- An instinctive passion for design and a desire to stay current and up-to-date with design trends and tools
- Conceptualize creative ideas with the team and clients
- Creating visual designs for websites and building in Webflow
- Communicate project feedback and progress to internal team
- Lead and guide the design team to identify opportunities for improvement
- Liaise with clients on project briefs and design feedback
- Learn and discover methods to achieve design and development goals
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
We have created a family environment that instills traits of trust, respect, professionalism, fun, and work/life balance to ensure the well-being of our entire team. Here’s what to expect working at emd:digital
- We support a flexible working environment whether at home or in the office
- A feedback-friendly culture, where we encourage the respectful sharing of feedback that helps us thrive
- A practice that accepts dogs
- An environment that encourages your professional development and hands-on learning opportunities
If you’re looking for your next opportunity to be part of a growing agency, we’d love to hear from you.
To be considered for this position, please apply by sending your CV, a cover letter explaining why you are the right candidate for the position, as well as your portfolio of work.