A professional email is an extremely important tool. It helps you separate your personal life instead of mixing everything up, and it looks more professional overall. By using business email addresses, you can create a better customer experience for others while keeping things organized. There are many free business email account options that you can choose from.
In this article, we’ll take a look at some of the best free business email address options and how to get started.
What is a professional email address?
Essentially, a business email address is just that – an email address that is connected to your business. It usually shares the same domain name as your business, so @ your business.com rather than @ gmail.com or @ hotmail.com. Using your own domain allows customers and customers to reach you consistently, and it’s easier to identify when browsing your website.
Why do you need a professional email address
The importance of a business email address or business email account cannot be understated in today’s digital ecosystem. It is important for many reasons, such as:
- Looks professional: Personalized domain business email looks more professional and is more likely to attract customers
- Keep things organized: Business email accounts can help you streamline your work and ensure you can keep up with everything in one place.
- Promote your brand: Every time you send an email from your work email, you get more brand recognition.
- Makes it easier for you to find: Customers find it much easier to find and contact a business email compared to a personal email.
How to make a professional email
There are many ways to make your business email address look great and gain the trust of your customers. Let’s take a look at the main things you should consider.
Main things to include
- Personalized domain with the name of your company
- Email client that offers a good hosting plan
- Online storage such as cloud storage
- Short and simple emails such as’ [email protected] ‘or’ [email protected])
- Email signature with your company name and more details on how to contact us
- Additional email aliases if needed to stay organized (i.e. separate customer comments from general emails)
5 best platforms for creating professional email addresses
When looking for platforms to create professional email addresses, there are several factors to consider. You are looking for a provider that offers custom email domains so that you can create a domain-based email address. Most providers offer a web hosting account and a personalized business email address that goes with it.
Formerly g suite, a Google Workspace account is one of the best options for full email services. You can access other Google apps besides Gmail like Calendar, Docs, Sheets, etc. Basic plans start at $ 6 for the Google Workspace, and there are a variety of hosting plans available as your business grows.
The Bluehost email is useful if you have a WordPress website or plan to have one. Bluehost is a hosting provider and offers a web hosting package alongside business emails. With a Bluehost account, you can create professional emails with your own domain and link your email client to your website to make it easier to manage.
GoDaddy is another web hosting provider for a WordPress website. It also offers free business email accounts with its hosting package. GoDaddy uses its own workspace and email client or Microsoft email client. Options for email accounts may vary depending on the type of hosting purchased. However, this is one of the easiest solutions because you can create a free business email linked to your hosting account.
4. Zoho Mail
Zoho Mail is an email service provider that can be linked to your domain name. Zoho Mail provides a safe and secure email service for businesses, and you can easily link your business email to an existing domain name for convenience. Zoho Mail also comes with productivity tools similar to Google Workspace for added value. Zoho Mail offers a lot of privacy with its email service, and it can be a great option for small teams looking to scale.
5. Microsoft Outlook
Microsoft Outlook is one of the best options for free business email because it is simple and easy to use. It is a simple messaging service that you can use to create a free business email. If you are looking for additional Microsoft products, you can also access those with a paid plan. Microsoft tends to be one of the go-to standards for email clients, so it’s still a popular choice for a business email address.
How to create a professional email address
The steps to creating a business email address vary depending on the email client you’re using, but the process tends to be fairly straightforward. Here’s how to create a professional email address:
- Buy your domain name and sign up with a hosting provider, or opt for an email service.
- Create your work email address, which can include generic email accounts such as [email protected] or [email protected] You can also set up your business email inbox with your name if that’s easier.
- Add an electronic signature, including your name, title, company logo, and other form of contract.
- Add your business email address to your website and social media so customers and customers know how to contact you.
How to get a business email address for free
There are plenty of avenues to explore if you’re looking for a free business email address. Many hosting providers tend to have it as an added value to web hosting, so it’s worth considering these options, especially if you have a WordPress site.
Email service providers where you can create a free business email address include:
- GoDaddy (with a domain name or hosting purchase)
- Bluehost (with a custom domain or hosting purchase)
- Microsoft Outlook
What’s the best way to get a professional email address?
There are many platforms available to get a professional email address for your business. For example, you can use platforms like Google Workspace, Microsoft Outlook, and Zoho Mail to get a business email address for your business using your own domain name to link to your business.
Is Gmail for Business free?
Gmail for business has a variety of paid plans available as needed. For a work email address and other G Suite apps, a basic plan starts at $ 6 per user. Prices go up to $ 12 or $ 18 per user depending on cloud storage needs and other considerations.